Welcome to iSlow Coliving!
Are you a digital nomad family looking for a place to live and work in northern Spain?
Welcome to our space, at iSlow Coliving we believe finding a work-life balance for digital nomad families is also possible.
Our coliving is surrounded by stunning landscapes, rich cultural heritage, and breathtaking beaches. That makes it a perfect destination for families seeking to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
As parents, we know it is not always easy for families to work remotely while travelling.
How do you find a balance between quality time with your family and working?
At iSlow we have built a strong network to support digital nomad families with (young) children.
Let’s take care of our children together and feel more relaxed.
Why a family-friendly coliving space?
An African proverb says that it takes a village to raise a child. This saying explains the need for families to have a strong network to assist in raising of their children. We believe living in a community is beneficial for children and their parents, and that’s why we’ve created a child-friendly place to live and work. Children have their own space and play an active role in our community. They learn to interact with groups of different ages and face various situations that provide them with valuable life lessons. Coliving allows parents to learn from each other’s communication strategies, upbringings, and lifestyles.
Read all about our philosophy and experience in our blog post.
Coliving benefits for the whole family
At iSlow we provide family-friendly spaces, facilities and a wide range of activities to enjoy with the whole family. Think outdoor adventures like simple and short hikes, geocaching, scavenger hunts and water sports for families. More interested in cultural activities? Visit the Sea Museum or Starlight Destination, a farm or local markets. Talk with the shellfish collectors, enjoy traditional fiestas or explore ancient ruins.
We’re here to support families who want to spend a longer period with us. If you need advice about educational projects in the area, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us and share your needs.
Coliving benefits for children*
- Play areas in the house. Think a kitchenette in the kitchen, children’s reading area in the reading area, experimentation area in the common garden, …
- A forest in our backyard and the beach as nature playgrounds
- Leisure activities such as surf classes, kayak, bodyboard, craft workshops,
- Educational activities such as English, Spanish, Galician classes in collaboration with la escuela local Escola Do Bardo.
- Local holiday camps, great opportunity to meet local families.
*Babies (and their parents) are not left aside: we care about safety and child-friendly facilities! Changing tables, high chair, cribs,… are at your disposal!
Coliving benefits for parents
- Connect with other like-minded families
- Share responsibilities in a group and have more time for yourself and more quality time with your children
- Coworking space for focus and productivity during your working time
- Private work spaces to separate children’s activities from work activities.
- Shared workspaces, where both activities can be carried out at the same time, so you can accompany your children while you work.