The heart of life at iSlow is centred around its traditional stone house, built around the year 1915. It belonged to iSlow founder Inés’s great-grandfather, Severino do Perito, who came from the nearby village of Borneiro and married Carmen, from whom, after 30 years of marriage, he inherited the house.
It is located 1 km from the town centre of Laxe, one of the liveliest towns on the Costa da Morte, in A Coruña, Galicia. The house is surrounded by a 2,500m2 plot of land and a large hill from which many paths lead to a variety of pristine beaches.
Air-conditioning and heating via heat pump.
Fully equipped with natural materials and furnished with locally built Galician chestnut.
- 1 single room.
- 3 double bedrooms.
- 2 family or shared rooms for up to 4-5 people.
What You Get
- En-suite bathrooms
- Free weekly room cleaning
- Bed lining, towels and toiletries
- Desk and chair in all rooms
- Air-conditioning and heating
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Indoor & outdoor dining
- Free food: bread, tea, coffee, seasonal fruit
- Cooking basics: salt, sugar, spices, cooking oil and dressings.
- Spacious common areas
- Outdoor Living spaces
- Large plot of land to grow vegetables
- BBQ area
- Free parking
- Access laundry service: washer & dryer
- Immersion with local community
- Local traditions and lifestyle
- Crafts and traditional trades workshop
- Game & movie nights
- Weekly community dinners
- Skill share sessions and workshops
- Weekly English/Spanish meetup
- Wellness-focused – Slow lifestyle
- Cooking and nutrition sessions
- Fitness & sports activities: kayaking, yoga and lots of hiking!